Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restrict Access Suddenly Active

I got called in on Monday because people couldn't get into
our SQL Server application. It's SQL Server 2000. After
talking to someone (I'm new to the application) I found
that the 'Single user' option for the database in
Enterprise Manager had been checked. Now I can't think
that anyone would have gone up to the server between
Friday and Monday (I was in at the weekend too, and didn't
touch the server). So I'm wondering how it might have
suddenly become checked and ruin my day off... :-)
Tim
A maintenance plan with the "repair minor problems" option set will do this.
"Tim Gowen" <tim.gowen@.rafmuseum.org> wrote in message
news:152b01c46f2c$30f715c0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I got called in on Monday because people couldn't get into
> our SQL Server application. It's SQL Server 2000. After
> talking to someone (I'm new to the application) I found
> that the 'Single user' option for the database in
> Enterprise Manager had been checked. Now I can't think
> that anyone would have gone up to the server between
> Friday and Monday (I was in at the weekend too, and didn't
> touch the server). So I'm wondering how it might have
> suddenly become checked and ruin my day off... :-)
> Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment