Friday, March 30, 2012

Restrict ing Sum(...) in Report Table Footer?

Hello,
My Report Table contains a Date Field and a numeric Value field. In the
Footer row of the table I use the Sum Aggregate function to sum up all the
values for all the rows that get displayed
=sum(Fields!CountFld.Value)
I also have an conditional Expression for the background color of each cell
in the detail row
=iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
CurExpireDate.Value, "Gainsboro", "White")
which changes the background color of each cell in the row (I add this IIF
expression to each field in the row).
So, if a value is in a row that is the gainsboro color, I do not want to sum
that value. Is there a way to restrict sum(Fields!CountFld.Value) ?
PseudoCode
=Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
CurExpireDate.Value, Fields!CountFld.Value, 0))
something like this?
Thanks,
RichWell, I tried my own pseudocode and it worked!
=Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> CurExpireDate.Value, 0, Fields!CountFld.Value))
I just had to change the values around
"Rich" wrote:
> Hello,
> My Report Table contains a Date Field and a numeric Value field. In the
> Footer row of the table I use the Sum Aggregate function to sum up all the
> values for all the rows that get displayed
> =sum(Fields!CountFld.Value)
> I also have an conditional Expression for the background color of each cell
> in the detail row
> =iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> CurExpireDate.Value, "Gainsboro", "White")
> which changes the background color of each cell in the row (I add this IIF
> expression to each field in the row).
> So, if a value is in a row that is the gainsboro color, I do not want to sum
> that value. Is there a way to restrict sum(Fields!CountFld.Value) ?
> PseudoCode
> =Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> CurExpireDate.Value, Fields!CountFld.Value, 0))
> something like this?
> Thanks,
> Rich
>|||I used the same method, but have run into 1 problem. If the table or group
spans multiple pages, the sum fails (I get #Error). Not sure if you'll
encounter this, but I thought I would make you aware of my issue using that
method.
Michael
"Rich" wrote:
> Well, I tried my own pseudocode and it worked!
> =Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> > CurExpireDate.Value, 0, Fields!CountFld.Value))
> I just had to change the values around
>
> "Rich" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My Report Table contains a Date Field and a numeric Value field. In the
> > Footer row of the table I use the Sum Aggregate function to sum up all the
> > values for all the rows that get displayed
> >
> > =sum(Fields!CountFld.Value)
> >
> > I also have an conditional Expression for the background color of each cell
> > in the detail row
> >
> > =iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> > CurExpireDate.Value, "Gainsboro", "White")
> >
> > which changes the background color of each cell in the row (I add this IIF
> > expression to each field in the row).
> >
> > So, if a value is in a row that is the gainsboro color, I do not want to sum
> > that value. Is there a way to restrict sum(Fields!CountFld.Value) ?
> >
> > PseudoCode
> > =Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> > CurExpireDate.Value, Fields!CountFld.Value, 0))
> >
> > something like this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rich
> >|||Thanks. Not the kind of surprises I am looking forward to. Hopefully, I
won't run into that problem, but if I do, I will now know that I am not
alone. This is actually quite encouraging because I have had some seroius
heartaches with RS (2000).
"Michael C" wrote:
> I used the same method, but have run into 1 problem. If the table or group
> spans multiple pages, the sum fails (I get #Error). Not sure if you'll
> encounter this, but I thought I would make you aware of my issue using that
> method.
> Michael
> "Rich" wrote:
> > Well, I tried my own pseudocode and it worked!
> >
> > =Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> > > CurExpireDate.Value, 0, Fields!CountFld.Value))
> >
> > I just had to change the values around
> >
> >
> >
> > "Rich" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > My Report Table contains a Date Field and a numeric Value field. In the
> > > Footer row of the table I use the Sum Aggregate function to sum up all the
> > > values for all the rows that get displayed
> > >
> > > =sum(Fields!CountFld.Value)
> > >
> > > I also have an conditional Expression for the background color of each cell
> > > in the detail row
> > >
> > > =iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> > > CurExpireDate.Value, "Gainsboro", "White")
> > >
> > > which changes the background color of each cell in the row (I add this IIF
> > > expression to each field in the row).
> > >
> > > So, if a value is in a row that is the gainsboro color, I do not want to sum
> > > that value. Is there a way to restrict sum(Fields!CountFld.Value) ?
> > >
> > > PseudoCode
> > > =Sum(iif(Parameters!EndDate.Value > Fields!
> > > CurExpireDate.Value, Fields!CountFld.Value, 0))
> > >
> > > something like this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Rich
> > >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment