Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restoring Tran. Log files

I need to restore a database on my test server from that on my production
server.
Here's what i've done so far:
1) Created a new db on my testing server named 'main_test'
2) Restored 'main_test' using .bak file from my production db.
Now, I have several transaction log files I wan to incorporate as well.
When I use Enterprise Manager and select my first trn log file and select
'Transaction Log' on the 'General' tab, I get the following error:
"The preceeding resotre operation did not specify WITH NORECOVERY or WITH
STANDBY....."
Should I use Query Analyzer for this? What is the syntax?Eric,
After applying the trnasaction log, go to "options" tab and select "Leave
database nonoperational, but able to restore additional transaction logs", o
r
"Leave database operational. No additional transaction logs can be restored"
if you are restoring the last transaction log backup.
AMB
"Eric" wrote:

> I need to restore a database on my test server from that on my production
> server.
> Here's what i've done so far:
> 1) Created a new db on my testing server named 'main_test'
> 2) Restored 'main_test' using .bak file from my production db.
> Now, I have several transaction log files I wan to incorporate as well.
> When I use Enterprise Manager and select my first trn log file and select
> 'Transaction Log' on the 'General' tab, I get the following error:
> "The preceeding resotre operation did not specify WITH NORECOVERY or WITH
> STANDBY....."
> Should I use Query Analyzer for this? What is the syntax?
>|||Correction,

> After applying the trnasaction log, go to "options" tab and select "Leave
Before applying ...
AMB
"Alejandro Mesa" wrote:
> Eric,
> After applying the trnasaction log, go to "options" tab and select "Leave
> database nonoperational, but able to restore additional transaction logs",
or
> "Leave database operational. No additional transaction logs can be restore
d"
> if you are restoring the last transaction log backup.
>
> AMB
> "Eric" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment