Friday, March 30, 2012

Restrict IP connections

I need to modify SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition so that it only
listens on the two local IP addresses, not the IP address of the
Internet.
I found KB article Q244980, but the "Maintain a Virtual Server for
Failover Clustering" can be selected.
Is there a registry setting or something where I can set which IP's SQL
server listens on?
--DaveHi Dave,
As far as I know that's not possible. Your best option is probably to close
ports 1433 and 1434 on your firewall. These are the default ports SQL Server
listens on. If you changed the ports, you of course need to close these. If
you're running on Windows 2003, you can restrict IP's on the network level.
Karl Gram, BSc, MBA
http://www.gramonline.com
"Dave Navarro" <dave@.dave.dave> wrote in message
news:MPG.1acfa74cf9ba4b9a9897d5@.news-40.giganews.com...
> I need to modify SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition so that it only
> listens on the two local IP addresses, not the IP address of the
> Internet.
> I found KB article Q244980, but the "Maintain a Virtual Server for
> Failover Clustering" can be selected.
> Is there a registry setting or something where I can set which IP's SQL
> server listens on?
> --Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment