Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restrict access to certain db

I need to install EM and QA on some users machines, but I only want them to
have access to certain db's, What is best way to manage this? ALso, in QA I
want them to only be able to run Select/Update/Make Table queries. How do
I force a user to logon whe
n they open EM or QA with a certain login account?Hi,
1. Create a new login in sql server (Use enterprise manager -- Security
option)
2. Go to database and select users option and add a new user
3. Assign that user db_reader and db_writer role (this will only allow that
user to browse and update/insert/delete contents in this database)
4. Login to QA as SA user
5. Select the database in which the user need create table prev.
6. Execute "Grant CREATE TABLE to <User name>
If you need to restrict the Insert and Delete from tables - Have a look into
DENY command .
Tahnks
Hari
MCDBA
"mikeb" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AAC88C32-6D4C-44C8-B6D8-607F078F6A7A@.microsoft.com...
> I need to install EM and QA on some users machines, but I only want them
to have access to certain db's, What is best way to manage this? ALso, in
QA I want them to only be able to run Select/Update/Make Table queries. How
do I force a user to logon when they open EM or QA with a certain login
account?

No comments:

Post a Comment