Monday, March 26, 2012

restoring to 2005 doesnt work

Hi peeps
Bit of a problem... I did a backup of a database on SQL Server 2000 which
I'm now trying to restore to my newly setup server (Win2k3, SQL 2005
Developer Ed), but I'm getting the following error...
Restore failed for server 'SERVER'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Directory lookup for the file "F:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$DSERV\Data\dartsV2.mdf" failed with the
operating system system error 21 (the device is not ready).
I can't think of any reason why this would be happening, apart from the fact
that I've changed the DOMAIN of the network from DSERV to something else, so
is it looking for MSSQL$DSERV that's causing the prob? Or something I'm
missing?
Cheers
DanHi
It looks like your drives/locations don't match the original server? Try
using the move option to specify a new location. If this is a SAN disc make
sure it has been allocated to SQL Server in Cluster Manager.
John
"musosdev" <musoswire@.community.nospam> wrote in message
news:E748D4DB-2FB8-4C16-A2A3-12FBC980F9C7@.microsoft.com...
> Hi peeps
> Bit of a problem... I did a backup of a database on SQL Server 2000 which
> I'm now trying to restore to my newly setup server (Win2k3, SQL 2005
> Developer Ed), but I'm getting the following error...
> Restore failed for server 'SERVER'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Directory lookup for the file "F:\Program
> Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$DSERV\Data\dartsV2.mdf" failed with the
> operating system system error 21 (the device is not ready).
> --
> I can't think of any reason why this would be happening, apart from the
> fact
> that I've changed the DOMAIN of the network from DSERV to something else,
> so
> is it looking for MSSQL$DSERV that's causing the prob? Or something I'm
> missing?
> Cheers
>
> Dan|||Cheers John, all sorted now!
"John Bell" wrote:

> Hi
> It looks like your drives/locations don't match the original server? Try
> using the move option to specify a new location. If this is a SAN disc mak
e
> sure it has been allocated to SQL Server in Cluster Manager.
> John
> "musosdev" <musoswire@.community.nospam> wrote in message
> news:E748D4DB-2FB8-4C16-A2A3-12FBC980F9C7@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment