Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restoring to another server issue with data file sizes

I'm using SQL Server 2000 and need to restore a large database onto a different node. The problem is the original database has a 74 gb first datafile and the node where I need to restore it doesn't have a single drive that big. I'm trying to use a backup of the original database and restore it into an existing database on another node and am using the move options to put the files in the right places.

Is there a way I run the restore to split the 74 gb datafile across drives on my target node?

Thanks for any help.Is there a way I run the restore to split the 74 gb datafile across drives on my target node?

I don't think so; you would have to do this first on the source database and then edit the file paths when restoring to the backup database.

Regards,

hmscott

No comments:

Post a Comment